theincrediblydeadlyviper

The Incredibly Deadly Viper

I make embarrassing videos about books and put them on the Internet. I'm twenty-one years old which means I can legally tell you how much I love beer also I am literate somehow.

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #2)
Ann Brashares
The Rules of Attraction
Bret Easton Ellis

An Abundance of Katherines

An Abundance of Katherines - A lot of people have said that this is John Green's weakest, but I wouldn't know because this is the first of his that I've read. I can definitely see where it isn't his greatest; some of the characters got on my nerves after a while, but WOW, is John Green a great writer or what!?I was thoroughly impressed with his style and literary devices. I had a tough time fully connecting to Colin for silly, personal reasons, mainly because my boyfriend's name is Colin and I was constantly comparing them (if you were wondering, they have a couple similarities, but my name is not Katherine and although my Colin has a friend named Katherine, they've never dated, also my Colin loves the taste of coffee and isn't that kind of nerd although he was in smart programs as a kid, loves Camus, and speaks German). Hassam was probably the most lovable, although it does get a bit tiresome when fat characters have "being fat" as a facet of their personality.The storyline was a tad predictable, but I thought it was a cuter take on the post-high school road trip tale. The pacing was good, I read the book in a day, though, so I may have enjoyed it more if I had paced myself. I'm not sure if I would ever read another story about Colin Singleton, but I would absolutely love to read more John Green.